Friday, April 11, 2014

Rouge Valley Quilt Show - part 3

Here's the rest of the photos I took while at the quilt show.

I think this is a great quilt and that the yellow, white and gray are just right. This past week I was at a guild meeting where the guest speaker spoke about colour. She said that yellow should only take up one quarter of the quilt (or maybe it was that there should be 4 times more of some other colour.) Either way, looking at this quilt, I disagree.







It takes a lot of planning to get this quilt done.







I am sorry. I can't believe that I didn't take a photo of the whole quilt. It had appliqued buildings and trees.







Another great old pattern.



This maple leaf is a great pattern and I get a few requests for it because people pin the photo. I have to tell them that it isn't my quilt and then I direct them to the pattern. There are a couple out there in the world wide web.







I found this to be a very clean, clear quilt. Don't ask me what I mean - that's the only way I can describe my feeling towards it.



This one is always fun to look at. I have the pattern and I am hoping to do it one day.



Some of the challenge entries.

This is my last quilt photo.



Until next time. I hope you enjoyed the armchair quilt show.

7 comments:

  1. You certainly captured the essence of our quilt show! Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy the variety of quilts in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real treat; thank you. I always love the applique quilts because of the images, but they are all a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely enjoyed the show - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blue 'boxes of hope' and the stripy-flowery one ('family reunion'?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the really enjoyable quilt show! It was great to see all the different styles and the amazing work of talented quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahha....the one with all the animals in shoes and boots is fun.....

    Great new photo for the header too...is that from B. C. or Ontario? ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.