Sunday, August 17, 2014

Quilts at the Creek - Part one

This is now the third year that Pioneer Village has hosted an outdoor quilt show. I have participated each year. This year I picked up my own quilts and so, I did a quick walk through to take some photos - just to post on my blog for you. Enjoy! There's a lot of inspiration and feel free to click on any of the photos to make them bigger.
Warning: this post is photo heavy.

These first two photos are of quilts that were inside where you pay your admission and where the gift shop is located.

Stunning quilts. I didn't have the time to view them up close because I wanted to head out to take photos.

The first quilt you see once you step outside. Bright and sure to attract the attention of the young visitors.





I just love this "alley" or walkway because it's surrounded on both sides with quilts hanging up.

See what I mean? Loads of wonderful eye candy.



This year the organizers wanted to feature log cabin quilts so keep your eyes open. There were lots of log cabins and the hangers of the quilts decided to just integrate them into the whole instead of keeping them all together.

Just a tad windy.

Nine patch. A favourite because it is so simple but so versatile.





I loved the barn quilt. The other one is a bright, humourous dog quilt.

The quilts were hung all over.

I have no idea how many quilts there were.

The quilts didn't need to have sleeves since they were all hung on clotheslines with plastic clothes pegs.




Sorry for the poor shot but I was in a hurry to get as many photos of the quilts as I could before they started taking them all down.

The one on the right is mine (Five Star.) It is 26 inches square and the minimum that they wanted was 25" square.






I think this is my most favourite setting for the quilts. Probably because of the dappled sunshine.







Colours, patterns, various sizes - it was all wonderful.

I loved the fact that there were so many modern patterns included.

I quickly asked the ladies if I could take their photo. They are volunteers of Pioneer Village and were dressed in period costumes.

That's it for today. I'll show more tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I was there yesterday! I loved the venue! The quilts were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these. I was not able to get over there this year. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the pictures. It is a wonderful venue for a quilt show. I was there on Sat. And saw about 2/3 before the rain forced an early takedown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! Thank you for sharing with us. I LOVE that barn quilt, bordered with Log Cabin blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to visit an outdoor quilt show some day. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the tour! I don't think there are that many quilts in whole Finland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quilt show , I can't think of a better way to display quilts . Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an exciting assortment of talent and beautiful quilts. Just stunning. I'm so glad you shared all these photos.
    Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! It's a perfect setting for a show like that but wouldn't it be awful if it rained. I love the monster quilt and the very first one you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your previous posts from this venue - absolutely lovely quilts in a perfect setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous quilts and Black Creek is one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.